17 Feb 2024

SpectrumView app -137kHz QRSS3?

Many years ago I downloaded this free app on my Apple Touch. I see it is available for the iPhone too, so I have downloaded it. It is a spectrum analyser for audio frequencies and you can record up to about 150 seconds of audio on a spectrogram depending on the settings. 

I was thinking of trying this on QRSS3 with my 137kHz beacon locally. It would take the audio from the FT817 and produce an audio spectrogram. I am not quite sure how I shall do this yet.
 
The app is created by Oxford Wave Research Ltd. It is a most useful app and highly rated. I last used an earlier version in 2013, so I have to re-learn it and see any changes made. 

I was quite surprised to still find it, wondering if the company had long gone. The app is still free.

See the Apple app store for details.

It is not available as an Android app as far as I can tell.

No comments: