24 Jan 2024

My impression of speed - NOT amateur radio

Back in 2013, I had a stroke and was in hospital for 3.5 months. Apart from feeling giddy and my poor voice, I made a good recovery. In the car I drove hundreds of kilometers with no problem.

In the last few years, it is as if my concept of speed has changed.  Glancing down at the speedometer when I think I am going 60-70mph and see I am only going at about 46mph!! Everything on the roads seem to be going fast.  My wife says it is all in the mind, but I go at what think is the right speed, but actually it is slow. It also my worry that my reaction times are slower.

Now, this could just be old age or it could be a result of my stroke 10.5 years ago.

I am wondering others would are "old" also experience this?

Driving is no longer fun.

2 comments:

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Chris. I shall take a look. 73s de Roger G3XBM

Martin said...

I will be 80 my next birthday and still driving. I probably drive a little slower than I used to do. I am not too keen on driving at night now and find on coming car's headlights seem to dazzle me more that they used to but apart from that no problems as yet.

Martin.