30 Sept 2023

10m QRP WSPR TX (Saturday)

My 500mW 10m WSPR beacon was turned on at 0824z.  Already F2 spots from the Canary  Is.. Earlier spots were with the PA off, so would only be low microwatts. If genuine, these are remarkable.  I might try again with the PA off!

UPDATE 0845z: I have turned OFF my beacon PA, to see if there are any spots! An interesting experiment.

UPDATE 0941z:  Already one spot from the Canary Is. with the PA off!!  My beacon still says 0.5W (preprogrammed) but my actual power must be just microwatts. At some point I must find out what it really is. EA8BFK's report (-24dB S/N) suggests microwatts. Amazing.

UPDATE 1552z: Quite a few spots from 2 stations in the Canary Is. despite my beacon PA being OFF!!   As I said before, although my beacon is preprogrammed to say 0.5W, the actual power transmitted must be microwatts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Roger, some years ago I tried some very low power expériments between Paris and the Twente SDR on 40 m. Thé antena was a 2 wavelength endfed. Even with 100 uW I was able to copy thé signal doing some postprocessing of thé recorder signal. I have been hablé to copy until 10 uW !!!!! Signal was générateur with a simple signal génération. 73 from F4EOB