3 Aug 2023

Radio Constructor

When I was much younger, we seemed to have lots of radio magazines. This was before the age of video games and the internet when radio still seemed like magic. Sadly, there are far fewer magazines on sale. In the future we could expect even fewer.

One of my favourites was a UK magazine called Radio Constructor. Before my time it was, I believe, an A5 sized publication, but it was always A4 when I got it. Sir Douglas Hall often featured articles for some very clever circuits. He was not a radio professional. I think he was a diplomat. Nonetheless, he was a very clever man. One of my school friends knew him and said he was a very nice man.

Radio Constructor ceased publications a long time ago, but is still available as PDFs online.

See https://worldradiohistory.com/Radio_Constructor_Magazine.htm .

3 comments:

G1KQH said...

We have lost load of electronic magazines over the years. Wireless World, Practical electronics, Everyday electronics, Television etc. These magazines were fun and supported a whole industry around them.

The worrying thing about their demise are we really educating our kids today?


73's Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

Steve, the short answer is "no". 73s Roger G3XBM

Anonymous said...

They would sooner take to their bedrooms play with their phones and X-Boxes.

It's a weird world. :-(


73 Steve