18 Aug 2023

ICOM IC-905 GHz transceiver review

The latest RadCom has a review of this ICOM microwave transceiver. 

At £3549.95 without the 10 GHz transverter I cannot see them selling many, let alone make a profit. It would not surprise me if this product quietly disappeared in 2024. There is a theory that this product is a free trial for a later commercial product. Watch this space.

It is an interesting product, but would you pay this much to cover essentially line of site and rain scatter QSOs? Perhaps "appliance operators" with deep pockets might buy as the latest toy.  This is not for me unless a fairy godmother waves her magic wand, HI.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must get my order in One Gross please :)

Roger G3XBM said...

Can l have a free one then?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Have as many as you like, one free with the pick and mix :-)

73's Steve