11 May 2023

Human consciousness - NOT amateur radio

Time and again I am amazed by the things that had to happen for me to be here on this planet, at this time, in this country. I am the result of generations and generations of ancestors. If just one had not existed I would not exist. 

The number of planets in the universe is huge. Some estimate this as 100 billion billion billion billion  The number of planets with sentient life is probably huge. On the Earth now there are around 8 billion humans. Yet I exist.

Exactly what is human life? What exactly is self awareness? Why am I here now, in this country, on this planet? 

Some would say there is a religious element. Whilst I understand this, to me the explanation is too small and too Earth centred.

We always think of time going from the past into the future? Is this an illusion?

No comments: