19 May 2023

Es - promising?

A quick look at https://www.tvcomm.co.uk/g7izu/radio-propagation-maps/europe-sporadic-e/ suggests that European Es could be promising later. My current plan is 8m QRP FT8 and 10m 500mW WSPR TX, with 8m WSPR later. Things will be turned on later this morning.

If 8m is disappointing and few stations are active this Es season, I shall probably QSY to 10m FT8 next week. If the Es looks really good, I shall go on 8m again and on 4m FT8.

My 8m "experiment" was to find out how effective a very simple QRP station could be. For this lots of monitors are needed. Sadly, I think there are fewer people on than in the last Es season, at least so far. I was hoping 8m would be busy with WSPR and FT8 beacons from stations without a licence operating under ISM rules.

UPDATE 1446z:  Good Es today in central Europe!

No comments: