20 May 2023

8m activity this Es season

A feeling shared with another on 8m is there are fewer people on 8m this Es season than last. This is a great pity, especially with Belgium about to release an amateur band at 8m.

However, it looks like many of the "old gang" have already been worked (or FT8 reports exchanged) with them. This being the case, I think this Es season I shall concentrate on 4m and 10m FT8 instead, unless conditions suggest I should get on 8m.

With some exceptional distances being worked on 6m, there is little else I shall learn this Es season on 8m, and I think radio science will not be advanced much on 8m unless there are many more stations active. I was hoping we would see lots of stations operating on 8m TX under ISM rules. This does not appear to be the case sadly.

No comments: