11 Sept 2022

Milking - NOT amateur radio

The queen dying after so long as head of state is sad. We are certainly in a new age now. Whilst in Amsterdam last week every English language channel was about the queen and her long reign. 

When we got back home  yesterday, we had non-stop queen on the BBC. Now, I know people grieve in different ways and the BBC will have prepared for how it would respond. They probably have had recordings for this eventuality prepared for years and years.

Am I alone in believing there is grieving and their is milking? 

In my view, enough is enough. I would like to hear about other things as well in the world. Perhaps some of the news is dedicated to the queen and then other news is covered?

If I was an anchor person on the BBC, I would run out of things to say!

1 comment:

Keith said...

Nope - you’re not alone! I was talking with a friend yesterday and made exactly the same observation.

Regards,
Keith G0RQQ