3 Aug 2022

IC-705 out of band?

As you may recall, I have an 8m UK permit for a year. Currently, I use my widebanded FT817ND on 8m FT8, but it would be good to use the IC-705 instead.

Many were disappointed when 4m was not included.

I am wondering if there is a wideband mod (possibly allowing 4m and 8m access, although maybe not to spec) that can be accessed via keyboard presses only, so the inside is untouched?

Having been in production for over a year, I am sure this will have been published if possible.

BTW, after misplacing my Radiotoday Guide to the IC-705 after many months I found it again..... on my shack bookshelf!

2 comments:

Jan, OZ9QV said...

I have the IC-705. I received it TX open from the dealer, so that is definitely possible.
4m is another matter. As far as I know, it switches the 50MHz low pass filter in the TX when tuned to 70MHz, and there is no 70MHz LPF.
I do not think that 8m should be a problem, but I have not tested it. I am hoping that the 50MHz LPF will be switched in on 40MHz. I need to test it.

Vy 73 de Jan, OZ9QV

ON4IQ said...

any outcome on the ic-705 usage on 40mhz?