15 Nov 2021

Getting thinner?

Through the post today I got my monthly copy of Practical Wireless. It seems a lot thinner. To my mind this says one thing: they are in trouble and are trying to save money. 

Not looked inside yet. It may be fewer adverts or fewer articles or both.  I have been a faithful subscriber for many years, but may stop.

In Rob Mannion's day I wrote articles for PW.

How much longer will it continue?

UPDATE 1700z: I am puzzled. Several issues have had a similar number of pages, yet it feels noticeably thinner to me. Is it thinner paper?

UPDATE 2156z:  It has been this thin for several months, although this is the first time I have noticed.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Ah - so it’s NOT my imagination! I thought it was getting thinner, yet they say they’re holding over articles until next month. Maybe that’s because they have less articles, and so need to spread them out over more months?

G1KQH said...

PW's days are numbered, since Warner took over publication it seems to have lost it's way..

73's Steve

Anonymous said...

PW is just trading on it's past name and has nothing new to offer.

It needs a new editor and article team, or it will die.