24 Apr 2021

Getting the 10FT8R on the right frequency

Earlier posts show the 10FT8R 10m FT8 RX works as expected. It is spotting a similar number of stations to those spotted on my FT817ND with the tiny indoor loop. With a "proper" 10m antenna outside, I am sure many more would be copied. At a guess I would say my loop is at least 6dB worse than a dipole outside. It is also quite directional.  As soon as my son can help, I shall get a wire dipole erected.

One issue I had was how do I net it without a frequency counter? This is the method I used. I set up the "big rig" on 10m FT8 with WSJT-X but set the frequency to 28.073MHz rather than 28.074MHz. I then adjusted the oscillator frequency until I spotted a faint signal at 1kHz audio. Voila!

Simple. Lots of stations spotted today.

No comments: