18 Mar 2021

10m dipole

One of the simplest antennas is the dipole made of wire. 

On 10m this is quite small being only about 5m long. Although I have been very impressed with my tiny indoor loops, an outside dipole should be several dBs better in the best directions.

Whereas, in the past, erecting this would have been a trivial task, my ladder days are largely over, so I depend on others now for erection. Hopefully my son can help in the coming weeks. 

It would be good to have this up before the Es season starts, late next month. By the autumn I think we can expect the USA to come through regularly on 10m, even on 10m AM just above 29MHz.

I have an idea on where to hang it. This should be good for North America and Europe.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, you could think about a telescopic pole and hang a 10m squalo in it like you had in the past. You don't have the climb a ladder with such a pole. 73, Bas

RA7RA said...

Hello Roger!
I assembled an EF antenna at 29MHz, very simple to build, does not require counterweights. 5 m cable and LC tuner. Very narrow radiation lobe. I can send to your e-mail the stages of my construction. litter for google translate
Pavel RA7RA (uu9jan(a)mail.ru)