20 Jan 2021

UK prices for the IC-705

It seems odd to me that the XBS Telecom price (Europe) with included 3 year warranty and VAT is a fair bit lower than the price from any UK dealer. As an example, a 5 year warranty is extra from MLS.  By the way, MLS say that all their IC-705 transceivers come from ICOM UK.

Like the IC-7300 I am convinced the IC-705 is being market priced (if the punters will pay, then do not drop the price). Most are working on the assumption that if the radio is wanted enough, then we will pay. It seems if you want an IC-705 from a UK dealer, you have to accept the market price.

I am all for fair prices as I want dealers to still be there, but I do not like to be exploited. 

Any views?

1 comment:

G1KQH said...

I agree it is over priced for a mass production radio..

Dealers must be buying them in at around £500 or just over.. Double it, add the VAT, you arrive at the retail price.

It must be credit running the show, there are not many who could cough up 1200+ green ones in one gulp! But as long as they keep selling the price will remain where it started.


73's Steve