25 Dec 2020

472kHz (630m) WSPR

At the moment I have not tried 472kHz (630m) WSPR TX for a while as I need to replace the wire in my earth-electrode "antenna". In past winters I have had lots of fun overnight with low ERP WSPR. I really should try again during January, February and March.

I still have a quiet noise floor on 472kHz WSPR RX. With AM on 160m, 80, and 40m, the noise floor is S8. WSPR being a narrow-band mode seems to do much better.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/mflf/472wspr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,

Merry Christmas!

Conditions on 472KHz seems to be the best I've been QRV on the band. On WSPR I've been heard by W9XYZ in EN37 (6241kms)

Still using your transverter design 12watts to a Inverted-L antenna (wire length 24m long)

Lots of things happening on the RSGB IO group too people setting up beacons etc.

73
Jason
M0NYW