18 Nov 2020

2m FT8 QRP

It is now 1002z.  For about 10 minutes I have been on 2m FT8 QRP using my 2.5W and the big-wheel omni antenna. So far I have been spotted by 11 stations already with the furthermost being G7RAU (461km) in Cornwall.

I am still puzzled by WSJT-X RX with Windows 10 and the SignaLink USB. At times it works whereas at other times the waterfall is smeary and I get no decodes. At first I thought this was just the first few minutes, but I have seen this be OK then not.

UPDATE 1434z:  Spotted by 18 stations in 3 countries and I have spotted 44 stations in 7 countries today with furthermost OZ1CCM (796km). Just turned TX on again as it was turned off.

2m FT8 RX
UPDATE 1757z:  So far today I have been spotted by 23 stations on QRP TX and I have spotted 54 stations on RX.

1 comment:

Fenris said...

Is your Signalink USB modified as per this suggestion?

http://www.frenning.dk/OZ1PIF_HOMEPAGE/SignaLinkUSB-mods.html

Especially for VHF the USB power supply is also used for the analogue electronics which induces noise onto the Rx signal and this varies with the computer USB activity.