4 Sept 2020

Yaesu competition for the ICOM IC-705?

Apparently Yaesu has discontinued a couple of their popular transceivers. According to Steve, G1KQH, he thinks Yaesu is about to launch competition to the IC-705, but at lower prices. 

In recent years, I have thought of Yaesu as being followers rather than leaders. In my own experience, it would not have surprised me if Yaesu threw in the towel and left the amateur radio market based on their terrible marketing performance. They totally missed the boat with the FT818, which was pathetic. 

For over 40 years I have been a great Yaesu supporter and have owned many Yaesu transceivers. They have all been good, reliable radios, so I hope Steve is correct. 

2 comments:

Dave Cawley G4IUG said...

I hope if they do it will have an ATU internally !
Dave G4IUG

Roger G3XBM said...

I agree Dave!