21 May 2020

10m WSPR

Just remembered that I could be on 10m WSPR TX 100%  (500mW) using my stand-alone WSPR beacon, whilst being on 6m FT8 transceive. Now, there is not as much WSPR activity as there was, as most people prefer FT8, but it is still worth having a go. I am on the indoor loop on 10m WSPR. Although the beacon is on 100% TX, frequency is changed randomly every 2 minute slot. As of 1400z (after about 10 minutes) nobody had spotted me on 10m WSPR.

UPDATE 1448z: The last time I checked the WSPRnet database it was very slow. I seem to recall this was an issue last year. Other pages seem OK, so I don't think it is my internet connection.

UPDATE 1818z: So far, not a single spot of my 10m 500mW WSPR. Either there are few people or not much Es. I suspect the former, but it might be both. On previous occasions local G4KPX (13km) has always spotted me so I know the loop works.  Even if it is a few dB down, with Es I'd expect to get some spots.

UPDATE 2008z:  No spots of my 10m WSPR. Looking on the WSPRnet database, there was not much Es activity in Europe. Either this means most WSPR users have moved to FT8 or this was just a bad day. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: