17 Apr 2020

24GHz WBFM?

These days one can buy very low cost HB100 10GHz Doppler modules on eBay from various sources. There are various ways of using these in amateur projects. I have seen these in ATV kit and I am sure there will be WBFM 10GHz transceiver designs based on these if I look. As there are 24GHz radar modules, I am wondering if there are WBFM designs based on these?

Perhaps some reader can point me in the direction of 10GHz and 24GHz WBFM transceivers based on the HB100 for 10GHz and similar units for 24GHz.

UPDATE 1810z:   Looking on the internet, there are plenty of resources for WBFM 10GHz transceivers based on the HB100.

1 comment:

Paolo said...

Hi.
I've tried the HB100 "equivalent" for 24 GHz but no, it doesn't work. Here I collected my observations.

Promising results were obtained with automotive radars at 122 GHz by DL and VK HAMs.

72, Paolo IK1ZYW