23 Dec 2019

Sirio 827 antenna?

Before the Es season next year I am looking for a well made antenna for 10m that will cover other higher HF bands via a tuner. I am told this antenna is well built, unobtrusive and works well.  I do not want beams and it must be unobtrusive.

Does anyone have any experience of this antenna?

These days I mostly use FT8 and WSPR because of my poor voice. My main HF interest is 10m (it always has been) but it could be useful to cover 20, 17, 15 and 12m too.

One of my problems is erection as I cannot do ladder work these days. Installation just outside the shack may involve some ladderwork (not high), fitting of coax and plugs, and a ground stake.

See https://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/product/sirio-827/

4 comments:

Mike said...

Also look at SOLARCON IMAX 2000, good reviews.

https://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/product/solarcon-imax/

Mike G8ALS

G1KQH said...

Wouldn't you be just be better off making a halfwave dipole?

Much cheaper than that expensive CB twig.


73s Steve

PE4BAS, Bas said...

The Sirio 827 is a 11m antenna and is ok. The Solarcon Imax2000 is a 11m antenna as well, it's ok as well. I use a Imax2000 at top of my tower right now but don't use it for 11m, I use it as a radiator and bypassed the matching section. Instead I use a autotuner for all bands. Personally I would also make a simple wire dipole. 2 pieces of insulated wire about 2,5m each does the trick. For you to choose how to hang it, horizontal or vertical. For DX I would hang it horizontal of as an inverted-V since a vertical antenne does pick up more noise from around the neighbourhood. Good luck. 73, Bas

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,

Happy Christmas.

The Solarcon / Antron 99 CB antenna is a reasonable performer on 28 & 21MHz.

http://g8jnj.net/Solarcon.pdf

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ