3 Nov 2019

472kHz WSPR TX (10mW ERP)

Although I have not got "split" working currently on the FT817ND, I am on TX again, with the antenna current back to what I expect on DIG. I am still awaiting spots to confirm TX is working correctly.

UPDATE 1807z: Although everything seems OK, I have got no spots so far. Antenna current looks normal, the transverter PA is running cool as normal. Time has just been resynced. Anything else wrong? Is the WSPRnet website not working properly?

UPDATE 1927z: At last some spots! When I did the reset I had to select DIG as USB-U. Before it was something else, so I was probably on the wrong frequency, which probably explains why I was getting no spots. Split still does not work on the FT817ND, so I am just on WSPR TX this evening and overnight. So far, 5 stations have spotted my 472kHz 10mW ERP WSPR. Best DX was a spot by 2E0ILY (209km). With brain fog it has been very hard getting to the bottom of why things were not working.

UPDATE 2015z: 7 stations have spotted me so far this evening with the best being in The Netherlands. I am really pleased I found out why I was getting no spots.
UPDATE 2207z: Now 11 stations have spotted me this evening with best DX being a spot by PA0LSB (326km).

No comments: