16 Nov 2019

10m FT8

Since 0910z, I have been on 10m FT8 calling CQ with 2.5W initially. As yet no spots given or received on 10m.

I stayed on 2m FT8 RX overnight, but nothing copied until breakfast time when a few nearer Europeans were coming through. Actually 2m FT8 is a waste of time (and electricity) overnight.

UPDATE 1800z: Just 3 stations spotted on 10m FT8 RX in 3 countries all day with best DX spotted MM3RDX (516km). So far, very disappointing. I guess this is to be expected around sunspot minimum: some days may be quite reasonable, especially N-S, whereas other days can be very poor. Low activity cannot help either.

UPDATE 1826z: QRT.

1 comment:

John, EI7GL said...

Very poor on 10m for the last two days.

On Fri 15th Nov 2019, I didn't hear one single FT8 signa on 10m which is very unusual. More than once I checked the VSWR on the antenna to make sure everything was ok.

On Sat 16th, I heard just 3 stations... G, GM & PA. Probably meteor scatter due to the Leonids.