31 Oct 2019

Online shopping - NOT amateur radio

Is it any wonder that many of us shop online?

As an example, I recently ordered 10 CR2032 cell batteries online from the comfort of my arm chair. They will be here tomorrow. I got 10, whereas on the High Street I might have got 2 for the same price.

Over time, this will become more and more the norm. In my mind the High Streets are changing: if they adapt they may survive. If they do not adapt many will fail.

A few months ago my wife wanted some new nail scissors. She walked to our local chemists who had none and thought they would be getting no more. She went online, had plenty of choice, and bought them cheaper, within a few seconds!

No, High Street shops are in for a very hard time. Adapt or go under.

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

Home Bargains and B & M is about the best place for nick knacks. But yes online can be a bargain price Inc the postage.

73 Steve

Anonymous said...

The Baofeng HT you posted a month ago now has a lower price and appears to have free shipping.