11 Oct 2019

Non-scientific research - NOT amateur radio

As I was in Cambridge today, I felt compelled to carry out some research.

As I stood outside a shop in Cambridge today I observed the use of mobile phones by young people. Older people tend not to use mobile phones as much. My method was to observe male and females who were walking alone. My highly scientific methodology was to count the number of males and females using mobile phones. Some were listening to music, some were texting and some were surfing. I guess some were even using it as a phone!

In the time I counted 16 males and 13 females on their mobile phones.

Conclusions? My feeling is that as many males as females were using their mobile phones. The sample size was really far too small.  A year ago, there were far more females than males using mobile phones. A year ago I concluded the females were saying, "go away as I am not available". Today I guess younger people are using them to connect, although I have no evidence.

1 comment:

DaveL said...

I call them "Smart Phone Hunchbacks" since they are always "hunched" over their phones. :)