7 Oct 2019

Good session on 472kHz WSPR

Overnight was a good session for me on 472kHz WSPR. Running (at most) 10mW ERP from my earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground, I was spotted by quite a few stations (see photo). Notice that LA3EQ (769km) copied me multiple times!
472kHz WSPR TX last evening 
and overnight (10mW ERP)
472kHz WSPR RX last evening and overnight
UPDATE 1928z: A couple of spots by stations in the Netherlands this evening, but nothing yet from Norway. I am not sure if LA3EQ is on tonight. As last night, as many stations are spotting me (actually more) than I am spotting others. It suggests my ERP is a bit higher, but measurements suggest not. Perhaps more stations have better RX set-ups?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that I spotted you on a 1m per side square loop last night SWUKSDR/4

Some interesting notes WRT ground electrode antennas

https://british-caving.org.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1282&sid=bece5d4033cc120d6b7c6180271fc8f6

You need to purchase a subscription to be able to view the article that is referenced.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Roger G3XBM said...

Thank you for your spots Martin.