8 Oct 2019

Good 472kHz WSPR session again

In the last session, spots from 14 stations received, many of these being multiple times. In some cases it is the same station  using different receivers, but I have been spotted in Norway by Jan LA3EQ (769km) on every recent occasion! Yet again, I was copied far more often than I received others, despite the noise floor here being low. This suggests fewer stations are TXing at the moment.
472kHz WSPR spots received in the last session using 10mW ERP 
(at most) and the earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground.
UPDATE 1458z: I have been on 472kHz WSPR all day. G1GKN (99km) has been a consistent signal on RX all day. G3YPP (105km) has been spotting me all day. in North Norfolk.

UPDATE 1639z: So far 22 stations have spotted my QRPP signal on 472kHz WSPR. Best DX was 2 spots by LA8AV/1 (1035km).

1 comment:

Roger G3XBM said...

Hi Jan (LA3EQ) and others,

For the last 3 nights I have been on 472kHz WSPR TX. My ERP is at most 10mW from the earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground. Attempts to work out the ERP have all given me silly results and always less than 10mW.  The baseline is at most 12m, probably less.
You (LA3EQ) have spotted me every night! Thank you.

Thank you also everyone else too. These spots are ALWAYS appreciated.

73s Roger G3XBM