17 Oct 2019

Even better on 472kHz WSPR TX (10mW ERP)

Overnight, I was spotted by 16 stations in 5 countries including 3 different stations in Norway!  The pleasing thing is I was spotted multiple times in Norway, and not that marginally! As usual, still using the unchanged earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground, so really nothing special at all. 12 stations spotted here on 472kHz WSPR RX.

I think this is the first time I have been spotted in Norway by 3 stations on 472kHz WSPR ever. The chart is arranged in distance order and shows where I was spotted and how many times.
Spots received overnight 
(10mW ERP) on 472kHz SWPR

1 comment:

Keith said...

That’s pretty impressive, Roger! I really must try to get my MF transmitter on the air this winter; it will also have to be into earth electrodes due to lack of space (and landlord’s permission) for an above-ground Antenna.

I have noticed that there appear to be less different countries on MF recently. In the past I’ve copied wspr transmissions from Croatia, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland but nothing from those recently.

Regards,
Keith G0RQQ