15 Oct 2019

Earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground

For some years now I have used this antenna system successfully on the VLF, LF and MF bands. It certainly works and has worked as high as 60m, although this high I am unsure how much is the "loop in the ground" and how much is from the wire just above the ground. If you don't have space for a big antenna and earth on 160m, 630m or 2200m, you might want to give this a try.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/antennas/earth-electrode-antennas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,

I hadn't realised that your antenna on the ground was actually 1.5m above it :-)

I've emailed you a 4NEC2 model of the loop on 475KHz.

Gain is about -33dBi and it has a main upward lobe with nulls off the sides (within the limitations of the NEC2 engine that I used).

However it does give some guidance.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ