20 Oct 2019

10m WSPR

My antenna blew down in the spring, so apart from a brief outing with a tiny magnetic loop on the back of the transceiver, it is some time since I've been on the band. With JT65 and WSPR I have literally spanned the globe with a low end fed wire antenna and QRP.

When my antenna is up again, I hope to resume WSPR beaconing on 10m. For this I use a 500mW stand-alone (no PC needed) WSPR beacon by W5OLF. This works really well.

When good, 10m is a great band and perhaps my favourite. Antennas are small and often just low power is needed. It is good every summer for Es propagation. Well over 100 DXCC countries have been worked here on 10m QRP SSB.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/hf/w5olf

UPDATE 1247z: According to feedback from Keith, my original link to Jay's page may not be there any more, so it has been removed. A similar unit is available from https://www.sotabeams.co.uk/wsprlite-antenna-tester/

2 comments:

Keith said...

It seems the W5OLF web-site is no longer in use. The link goes to a web-site in Chinese....

The SOTABEAMS WSPRLITE would seem to be a good alternative, I guess.

Regards,
Keith G0RQQ

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Keith. As a result of your feedback (thank you) I have amended the page and deleted that link.