30 Sept 2019

FT8 - what band?

We returned home earlier, so I shall probably go on FT8 shortly, but I am unsure on what band. As 15m is a band I have never tried on FT8, I may try this on FT8 RX using the indoor loop.

UPDATE 1428z: I decided on 15m FT8 RX.

UPDATE 1520z: Spots from 5B4 and OD5 (eastern Med) which were not reported to PSKreporter maps. Not sure if this was a problem at my end or theirs. I have just restarted WSJT-X in case it was my end.

UPDATE 1540z: It is quite surprising than nothing has appeared on 15m PSKreporter maps. The impression is either no-one bothers TXing on 15m FT8, or conditions are very bad now, or PSKreporter is faulty. I don't think it s the latter.

UPDATE  1615z: Our internet connection has been off (wi-fi OK), so this may explain the lack of uploads to PSKreporter maps. Still no spots.

No comments: