19 Aug 2019

MLS - thank you FT991A issue solved

Well, that was good service from Steve at MLS who phoned me 3 times to resolve my FT991A issue on FT8.

I did a full factory reset but the real trick seems to be to use USB rather than D-U to get the full RX bandwidth. I cannot thank him enough. He was bending over backwards to help.

This was the reply I got from MLS:

"You are very welcome Sir; it’s not just selling a radio to a customer for us it’s looking after them once the item has been purchased.

When we’re asked to match other traders’ prices that generally can’t get anywhere near us for aftersales support, (I employ 4 on-site engineers) we try our best.  Occasionally we have to walk away because I won’t compromise my company standards & indeed reputation.

It’s my name above the door after all.

Enjoy your radio and you are welcome to print my reply on your Blog if you so wish.

Best 73,


Best Regards

Martin Lynch  G4HKS
ML&S Martin Lynch & Sons Ltd.,
Wessex House"

1 comment:

G1KQH said...

The deal is no good if it cannot be backed up with good after sales service. ML&S is always excellent at this and so are the staff.