12 Aug 2019

Exhaustion and giddiness - NOT amateur radio

To be honest, the after effects of my 2013 stroke are getting me down. In the last few years there has been no improvement.

Today, the loft ladder beckoned (not actually into the loft, where I've not been since 2013!).

All the time on my feet giddiness and exhaustion are the main issues. Compared with my pre-stroke days, there are many things that can no longer be done. Chatting is now hard! Thinking of the positives, much can still be done. In many ways my life is far better than that of many. For this I am grateful.

At some point I need to re-erect my HF antenna and this involves getting up a ladder to the flat roof of my garage. In the past, this would have been trivial!

2 comments:

Sherm said...

Yep. I had a brain tumor 24 years ago. Ever since, anything involving balance is suspect. Ladders, bikes, clamoring onto the roof. Nope, not going to happen. When you can fall over (almost) just walking across a room you can't trust yourself any more.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Sherm. You understand! It's hard when to others you look fine. I guess all we can do is get on with life and accept the "we" we are now.