4 Aug 2019

6m FT8 - Es?

Stations spotted today on 
6m FT8 RX to 1147z
Just now I reconnected my 6m gear and called CQ using FT8. Although no QSOs resulted I got 8 spots with my furthermost report coming from GS8VL (753km) in the far north of Scotland. This is further than many stations in Germany, so probably Es. It does seem odd that I tend to spot more northerly stations towards the end of the Es season. Maybe the things that trigger Es occur more frequently later in the season?

Interestingly, I have so far spotted no stations on 6m FT8 RX. There is no Es (here at least) to the south. Maybe there was Es to the north, but few stations.

You may recall I just use a V2000 vertical omni antenna.

UPDATE 0817z: As there were no spots at all on 6m FT8 RX, yet there were Gs copied I began to suspect my internet connection. I have reloaded WSJT-X to see if this makes things better and reconnected the wi-fi. Still quiet here.

UPDATE 0904z: Just 2 Gs spotted so far today on 6m FT8 RX.

UPDATE 1150z: With 19 stations now spotted on 6m FT8 RX, it looks like there is Es. Best DX spotted is IZ8FDH (1657km).

No comments: