7 Jul 2019

6m FT8 RX

One of the beauties of FT8 RX is I can leave the rig on and monitor what is coming through on any PC anywhere. My reception is on the FT991A with WSJT-X (free) on the PC and spots are automatically uploaded to PSKreporter maps, so I can see there is a lot of EU Es DX on 6m at the moment.

UPDATE 1452z: Quite a few Europeans spotted plus a couple of Canadian stations on 6m FT8 RX today. 173 stations spotted in total so far today.

UPDATE 1953z: At the moment 186 stations spotted today on 6m FT8 RX. It is only early July, but I am sure there is less "real DX" this year. No South Americans copied this year and no Far East. Caribbean, North America, Middle East and Europe copied OK. Just seems less this year than last. I may be wrong.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Roger, you are wrong. I already made a lot of DX contacts. But you have to be on 6m on the right time. Today I received some Japanese stations but they were weak and contacts could not be made by me. But yesterday, when you were in Cambridge.....the band was alive. See:

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2019/07/huge-6m-band-opening-to-japan.html

Roger G3XBM said...

It always happens Bas! I miss a day and it turns out to be brilliant! That's life. :-(