15 Jun 2019

Life - NOT amateur radio

This is my "take" on things. Others may well see things differently.

At one time I had quite a strong Christian faith. These days I am far from certain about anything! Speaking purely for myself, I find all religions "too small" to encompass how I feel. All I am aware of is how little we know. Somehow, this particular human (i.e. me) finds the idea of non-existence hard to grasp. We remember nothing of before we were born, so why should we be bothered about what happens when we die? And yet.....

Perhaps we just cease to be. Perhaps somehow our consciousness lives on, however this world view seems odd when our cells cease to be.

The only thing we can say with any certainty is we just do not, and cannot, know. Any person who claims differently is telling him or her self delusions.

1 comment:

Barry G8AGN said...

Good Morning Roger

Here's an intriguing debating point:

We seem to live in a "quantum world" so when we die, perhaps we are like Schrodinger's cat, and cannot tell whether we are in Heaven or Hell! So a perpetual Purgatory for us all! It would be interesting to hear a theological opinion on this.

73
Barry, G8AGN