4 Mar 2019

160m FT8 RX overnight

In all, 273 stations spotted on 160m FT8 RX here with the earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground, but only 2 North Americans spotted to PSKreporter maps. I hope the internet was OK during the "wee hours". I shall check what was actually received on the shack PC shortly. Best DX was AK4R (6831km). If I am really spotting fewer North Americans, does this mean the DX season is ending? I am not a 160m expert!
160m FT8 RX - stations spotted here overnight
UPDATE 1155z: Nothing doing for several hours, so time to QSY somewhere. The question is which band? 2m FT8 just works, 10m FT8 seems pretty quiet, 6m is out of the Es season. At the moment I cannot decide. Maybe after lunch?

UPDATE 1315z: Decision made! 10m WSPR TX using the stand alone beacon. PC, PSU and FT817ND are off. I will be surprised if I get any WSPR spots on 10m today.

No comments: