15 Jan 2019

BREXIT - NOT amateur radio

My dad did not mince words. If he was still alive he would say, "they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery". How right he would be!

UPDATE 1930z: Clearly we are in historic times. The UK government is likely to be defeated in the motion on Theresa May's EU leaving agreement. What comes next is anyone's guess. I voted "remain" in the EU referendum 2 years ago, even though there is a lot wrong with the EU. All we really want is free trade with whichever countries we like and control over who lives and works here. Why is this so hard? As I see it, the EU gets not a penny until this is agreed, and I speak as someone who voted "remain"!

UPDATE 2019z: A huge defeat for Theresa May's "deal" with the EU. Now what?

1 comment:

G1KQH said...

I'll trade with you Mr L..

I have three Pixies, do you have a dozen eggs? But hang on I need a bakers dozen as one or two would get broken travelling up to the Midlands..

Better still I have some beer in the fridge so I think I will have a few mates over and a nice p!$$ up will be had :-)

Question is in all this mess where do we go from here?? Good job I played safe and abstained!

At least the sun will come up in the morning and go down over the West in the afternoon just like it has done for Millions of years..

73 Steve