12 Jan 2019

BREXIT - NOT amateur radio

At the moment, BREXIT, i.e the UK leaving the EU looks like a pigs dinner. By this I mean a right mess. I think all we ever wanted is the right to decide who can live and work here and free trade. Why has this to be so complicated?

The EU does a lot of trade with the UK and they are likely to want further concessions if we want to delay leaving. They want to prevent others leaving the EU. As I feel at the moment I feel like saying leave without a deal - and I actually voted to remain!

Personally, I think Theresa May, the UK Prime Minister, has made a right "pigs ear" of negotiating our exit. She has wasted 2 years and "fallen on her sword" The EU must think the UK is a soft touch. There is a big vote on the deal next Tuesday, which is likely to be rejected. What happens next is anyone's guess.

No comments: