2 Dec 2018

160m FT8

As many will know, I upgraded to WSJT-X V2.0 rc5 yesterday. Despite being on all night, just the 2 spots from last evening on PSKreporter. A check on the lab PC showed quite a few stations actually received.

There can be several explanations. Firstly, my internet connection may have been non-functional at the time these signals were received. Secondly, maybe the PSKreporter site was unable to accept my reports. Thirdly, perhaps my PC failed to upload the spots, maybe due to a bug? I use Windows 10 with WSJT 2.0 and have not had any issues in the past.

If you have any explanations, I'd be interested.

There may be other reasons. By the way, I always sync to internet time before each session and use a program to always keep in sync to internet time. Timing is definitely correct.

I have done a total reboot of the PC and will see what happens on 2m FT8 today.

No comments: