4 Aug 2018

6m FT8 (mainly RX)

Yet again, I am back on 6m FT8. After a very brief CQ call earlier (2.5W, 2 UK spots) I am now RX only. There appears to be plenty of Es about.

Best DX currently on 6m FT8 RX is S01WS (3075km) in Western Sahara. So far, 21 different stations spotted in 9 countries on 6m FT8 RX.

UPDATE 1646z: 6m looks more like 20m! Plenty of Es again today and yet again more northern latitude stations logged. At the moment 6m FT8 is still good.

UPDATE 1725z: 21 countries spotted on 6m FT8 today. I have lost count of the number of stations.

UPDATE 2137z: Yet again I am spotting stateside stations on 6m FT8 RX. So far, on my very basic system, I have spotted 4 stations in the north of the USA or in Canada. Es? I somehow doubt this, but some sort of chordal E layer? Maybe. Signals are quite strong although I expect these stations are running high power and big beams.

No comments: