31 Jul 2018

80m WSPR HAARP test

Well, it appears the HAARP test from Alaska last night was only on 40m and not on 80m after all and they were only copied in North America on 40m.

Overall, using the earth-electrode "antenna" I spotted 51 different stations with best DX spotted on 80m WSPR being KC2WUF (5599km). Fellow local David G0LRD spotted 60 stations and more USA stations. Not sure what antenna he was using.

Overall I was quite surprised what I could copy on the earth electrode "antenna" in the ground. I shall have to try this on 160m WSPR or FT8 sometime. I think it acts as a loop so may be more directional than a long wire

UPDATE 1257z: According to John (see comment) they were on 80m WSPR. I shall try again tonight. See more recent post about the schedule for July31st.

2 comments:

John, EI7GL said...

Hi Roger

They were on 80m but the results were poor.

Keep an eye on the Twitter account to follow the various transmission times which varies a lot from what was originally published.

https://twitter.com/ctfallen

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks John. I shall try again tonight.