22 May 2018

"This will take a while"

They are not kidding!

After updating the shack PC this morning (90 minutes) I got a message this evening saying the main PC (Windows 10) had an important update. Nearly 2 hours later the update was complete.

Windows 10 worked fine before and, as far as I can tell, these darn updates are all to do with features I am not interested in.

Call me a cynic but just why are such changes necessary? Perhaps it is just another opportunity for Microsoft to keep an eye our every move? Maybe I am being unduly harsh, but if Windows 10 is so great just why do I have to watch paint dry for almost 2 hours as yet another update is done. This is a pretty new machine, so updates could take much longer on a older PC.

It is clear to me why some call Windows "Windoze".

No comments: