4 Apr 2018

Heathkit Twoer and similar rigs

Back in the 1960s I always wanted a Heathkit Twoer 2m AM transceiver. I even bought the manual, although I never did get a rig.

The RX was a super-regen, which was just about OK in the early 1960s on 2m as activity was low. These days, there is very little AM on the band, sadly, and the poor selectivity would almost certainly be a real limitation.

There was just something about the "style" that appealed. Even now, I still like the "lunchbox" look. From a historical viewpoint, these are interesting. They also did versions for 11m,10m and 6m

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/vuhf/lunchbox

1 comment:

Rich said...

Hi Roger:
Thought I would drop a note to say your blog is in my Feedly list, and appreciate your frequent posts! I had a Heathkit Twoer as one of my first rigs long long ago, and blogged about it... you might enjoy my post.
73 from Texas!
Rich N5CSU
www.richcasey.net