3 Apr 2018

2m UKAC activity contest tonight

Every month, the RSGB organises a 2m (144MHz) activity contest running for 2.5 hours starting at 8pm UK clock time (1900z). The 2m leg is always on the first Tuesday of each month. Normally I am on for about 30-60 minutes because of my poor voice. I run 5W to my big-wheel omnidirectional antenna. My best DX is usually about 200km. These are fun contests with good SSB activity levels.

See https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/contest_rules.pl?year=2018&contest=2muka

For the first time, I stayed on less than 30 minutes, not because of my voice, but because I was working the same stations and I wanted to get back to FT8 on 2m. Some might say this is sad.

In the end I just worked 3 SSB 2m stations, although I could have worked many more had I stayed around. Best DX was G4CLA (105km).

No comments: