16 Apr 2018

10m FT8 RX

We are nearing the Es season in the northern hemisphere.
Today, I am monitoring 10m FT8 RX, but as yet no spots. Usually, I spot the odd UK station, the odd European and sometimes South America, although openings to this part of the world are usually in the evening at this time of the year on 10m in the UK.

UPDATE 1832z: Still no spots on 10m FT8 so far today. At the moment things look dire on 10m. Usually by now I have copied something, but as yet nothing at all today! I even went to check the antenna was connected! I shall continue to monitor for a few hours, but I am not very hopeful. Later, I may try 472kHz (630m) WSPR RX.

UPDATE 1924z: Still no DX today. G0PQO (IO92) was copied this afternoon but this spot was not uploaded to PSKreporter. I'll give it another hour then QSY to MF RX.

No comments: