8 Nov 2017

Depth - NOT amateur radio

Most of the time we live on the surface. Then something happens to make us think. This week I have had two things that "brought me up short". 

Firstly, I attended the funeral of my old work manager (Rao) who died in his 80s, then I heard that my son's brother-in-law, in his 20s, had died in hospital after being struck many weeks ago by a woman driver who went through red lights whilst being distracted fiddling with her phone. We don't realise how fragile life is: one second and his future would have been so different.

Whatever your religion, or none, life is a precious gift too easily taken for granted. In the midst of life is death, pain and suffering. It has always been so, and always will.

Life goes on, as it should, but from time to time we all need to be reminded that we came from dust and return to dust.  Life is transitory.

No comments: