14 Oct 2017

Trying to get you to buy new? - NOT amateur radio

For some years I have owned an Apple iPod Touch 4g. It runs iOS V6.1.6 and this software is fully up to date for this particular device. I checked only a few hours ago.

Recently, FaceBook is even slower to connect than normal, even though it is almost instant on the PC. It is almost as if Apple is forcing an upgrade. Now, I am not saying this is the case, although that is how it makes me feel.  If software only works properly with a newer OS, which I can only get for newer devices, I think this is wrong.

It seems bizarre that I can no longer get reliable connection (if at all) on my device that has given me good service for years. And, yes, I have tried the old trick of turning the device fully off, then on.


1 comment:

G1KQH said...

I guess Facebook uses different servers, one for it's mobile service and one for it's Web service..

I notice from time to time there is a delay between the two, if I post something with the Web bound system there can be a 20 min delay before it appears on your mobile device?


73 Steve