26 Sept 2017

A blip? - NOT amateur radio

In the last few weeks to UK pound has appreciated by around 6 Eurocents against the Euro. This may, of course, just be a blip. In the long-term, especially once the uncertainty over Brexit is over, I think the UK Pound will strengthen against the Euro considerably. This is my view, and I am no expert.

Fundamentally, I believe the Euro is flawed and there is really no resolution in sight for it main structural issues. Once the UK leaves the EU they will have fewer rich nations to fund the EU coffers. No, the EU is a bit like the curate's egg i.e. "good in parts". If only the members of the EU had given the UK more ground on controlling free movement we'd probably still be inside. Hoisted by their own petard?

I think a lot of the EU's stance is "sour grapes". The UK will be fine outside of the EU and they know it.

No comments: