10 Mar 2017

An effective 10m antenna

At the old QTH (we moved a few years ago) I used my Homebase-10 antenna for 10m. As we enter the Es season when 10m springs to life with loads of Europeans, perhaps it is worth reminding readers of this low cost antenna.

It is basically a wire halo, small, and pretty omni-directional. It can be made with low cost materials, most of which you can buy at your local hardware store. In its time it has enabled me to work all over the world with QRP. It was in Practical Wireless in 2008 and is on my www.g3xbm.co.uk main site.

Despite my poor health, maybe I should try to get one up again at this QTH? I think I could make it (although not as easy as in the past) but I'd need help to get it up in place of my big-wheel. I think I could use the same small support mast. I'd probably feed it with some new RG58 coax.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/antennas/homebase

No comments: