6 Aug 2016

Museum of Liverpool - NOT amateur radio

As I mentioned yesterday, we had 4 nights with our old friend Pete on the Wirral near Liverpool. As always he was a great host and we visited several old haunts.

Liverpool has been through a regeneration since we were there and we were impressed. The people were always warm and friendly but the changes make it an even better place. Anyone off to a UK university could do a lot worse than choosing Liverpool.

My wife (and my mum in the 1930s) went to St Kaths College. This has now become Hope University. It has changed a bit since my wife was there in the 1960s, but it is lovely with great grounds and just a bus ride from the middle of this vibrant city.

In the regenerated docks area is the Museum of Liverpool which is free and one of the best museums I have ever been to. In the docks area is a Tate Gallery and don't forget the Three Graces!

No comments: